Thursday, August 05, 2004

Oliver Twist

I'm in a fantasy baseball league (also know as roto or CDM) where you can pick any players for your team as long as your roster fits under the salary cap. You also have a limited number of roster moves. Well, I've been rolling lately and moved into 3rd place (out of 25), I had been sixth.

One reason is a couple weeks ago I picked up Pirates' pitcher Oliver Perez, a young flamethrower they acquired in the Brian Giles deal. He's cheap, and he strikes out a ton of hitters. I think in his last 40 innings, he's mowed down 60, which is Randy Johnson territory.

Well, looking at my league today, three of the four other teams in the top five picked up Ollie this week. I guess they want to quash one of my advantages.

It's nice to see my competitors getting nervous....it's what CDM is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home