Friday, September 17, 2004

Tracking Key Data

One of my roto baseball compatriots (we'll call him Capital Gangster) asked me to post a table tracking important data on a regular basis. No, not K/IP or the "A" coefficient. I'm talking about economic data. Basically, our feeling is that (and former Fed Chairman Paul Volcker agrees) the economy is going to tank (and by tank, I mean absolutlety collapse) sometime in the near future. So, I am posting the basic indicators of the overall strength of American monetary policy to see if the numbers will support or refute our hypothesis.

The following table shows three simple variables: the current federal budget deficit projection for FFY 2004, the federal funds rate, and the value of the dollar versus both the Euro and the Yen. I'm going to develop this more as time goes on, but for now the point is to start tracking these variables and see where they go both prior to and after the election.




Date Deficit Fed Rate US$ vs Euro US$ vs Yen
9/17$422 B 1.57% 1.2154 Euro109.75 Yen


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home